Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lessons learned from White Salmon, WA or OR

Seth has traveled more this summer than many residents of Utah do in their entire life. Between the Johnson Family reunion and the Black Wedding (that's their last name, not the theme), Seth has traveled over 2,000 miles in the car. Woop Woop. On the other side of the Hood River toll bridge, carved into a mountain is a town of at least 50, but possibly 20,000 people. If you can get there you are in for a treat. My new brother-in-law was raised in a home built over 100 years ago. The house is filled with antiques like a book by Charles Norris called "Seed". I hope you all read that the same way I did. They make their own grape juice which is delicious and they heat their entire house with a wood stove. The LDS chapel looks like a typical church on the outside, but I saw things there I never imagined I would. Here is what I learned at my sister's reception.
1) If you want people to join your church, pick a good picture to put on the cork board. Not "The Mother formally known as Prince".

2) Wearing a catheter to a reception isn't a bad thing. Wearing shorts with a catheter may not be the best reception attire.
3) If you grow up in a small town, don't marry someone that looks like you from the same home town.

The trip was a success and we had a wonderful time. We got a good picture of Seth's smile.


Now we are enjoying the World Cup. Seth gets up with me to watch the morning game. He is having a hard time understanding why all the European teams are so bad at soccer, but he is amused by their efforts.

2 comments:

  1. I did not get to monitor this entry, so please note that Brandon wrote it. That's my defense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That is great! I love the post! Although I think that we could challenge you with how many miles we have driven... but I don't want to burst your bubble!

    Glad to see that you guys are having fun and Seth is such a cutie! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete