Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day

We had a great weekend filled with nothing. And by nothing I mean no commitments and so no schedule and we totally enjoyed every minute of it. One fun thing that I did was beat Brandon in a game of HORSE, Around the World, and Four Square--I feel pretty good about that. Another thing we did was watch the July 4th Provo Parade. It was great; our favorite float was the one carrying some city royalty that said "I would if I could." I don't really know what they were getting at, but what happened to "Anything is Possible?" Either way, the girls were able to spin like we wanted them to so, they "would if they could" it up. That was the other big thing of the parade; making everyone spin. The poor people--but we sure had a great time! Seeing missionaries in the parade was really neat!

Another note: Exploding things is actually pretty cool. Dora's head lights up really well when lit up with firecrackers. Way more fun than firecrackers by themselves. (But still, be careful) Oh, and don't attach firecrackers to a sign; it ruins the sign. (No I didn't do it)

3 comments:

  1. I wonder why Brandon lost. Oh wait, maybe because it is nearly impossible to play a game of HORSE - Four Square - Around the World and whatever other sports laura said she was playing. Talk about multi-tasking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dora brought us so much joy over our 1 1/2, giving more of herself each time, until finally she was gone. Kind of like the giving tree. How touching.

    ReplyDelete