Monday, August 20, 2012

Because I'm finally able to enter a post myself, here are my feelings about this move and life in general.

  1. I never thought I would miss green carpet so much! Hardwood floors are beautiful, but no fun to clean and scary when your child keeps hurting himself on them. 
  2. Bugs, I don't need them. But they seem to need me. Sometimes there are benefits to being in the desert. BUT, like Brandon said, we are seeing less live bugs, more dead, and hopefully we'll be seeing less of both pretty soon. I had 11 bug bites on my legs at one time. Not cool. And chiggers sound horrible, but they're not too bad once you figure out what you have. Poor Seth had blisters all over his legs before we figured out what was going on. He's healed up very nicely and band-aids are his friends. He is a super millipede catcher and talks about spiders, a LOT!  
  3. Double strollers are my friend, but hills still don't make for good walks. We have found some AMAZING parks in the area that are great. 
  4. Kroger brands rule. For people with a tight budget, it's awesome to find the cheapest version of everything. Hopefully this year won't find us any less healthy, just cheap. 
  5. Not a fan of Madonna, but I heard once that she always requests a brand new toilet seat in her dressing room at every venue. I totally understand that! We have a beautiful toilet seat we received for a wedding gift (thank you Adrienne). We thought we would save it for our first home. Anyway, we had a cheap toilet seat here and it was driving me crazy so I broke out our wedding gift seat. It's amazing, to use a toilet seat no one has ever used before. I feel so...clean. So free! Try it, it does wonders for a rental. 
  6. Speaking of the bathroom, potty training is fun and time consuming. In some ways, I appreciate the "time consuming" part. It keeps Seth in one spot for a LONG time. I guess at least I can count on that time once he's potty trained. I am surprised at how excited you can get over a little pee and poop. Seriously, it is so exciting! And weird. And we won't be sharing any pictures of it, don't worry. 
  7. Living for free with family really helps a tight budget. Yay for free housing and food that we wouldn't buy ourselves!
Seth the cowboy!

Mark surprised

Seth and Grandma

Two boys--one eating his birthday cake. The other, wishing he was.

Cheese for marshmallows!

Dad and Adam. Would you believe it took 5 shots to get them both looking? I'm used to that, but I have a 2 yr. old and a 3 month old! 

Super Uncle Adam. He was so sweet with Mark

At Historic Kirtland. LOVE IT!
We are really happy to be here and making new friends. We miss all our old friends and the great life we had in Provo. We'll see where this next adventure takes us! Laura

1 comment:

  1. So fun to see pics, Laur! Glad you guys are doing well and enjoying life. We can sympathize with you, especially the bugs and the budget! It's fun to buy some yummy food when you have the "money" for it. Love you guys and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete